I used to really enjoy reading chinese proverbs. There’s some really good ones out there.
- He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.
- Do not remove a fly from your friend’s forehead with a hammer
- Never write a letter while you are angry.
- One cannot refuse to eat just because there is a chance of being choked.
They all seem to relate some really good advice or fact, right? Well, believe it or not, the same is true, but even more so for those proverbs we find in the Bible:
He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul,
But he who is careless of his ways will die. – Proverbs 19:16
Now, you may be left hanging with a question after reading this proverb: “which commandment?” Aren’t there Ten of them?
Does it really matter? We should follow ALL of God’s commands, even those that aren’t considered “Commandments.” Follow God – Protect Your Soul!